Disability Living Allowance Contact

People who live with a disability sometimes have far greater living expenses than a person who does not have a disability. The cost of day to day living can include having a caregiver, needing special aids to assist with mobility, or having the home renovated to accommodate the disability. Many agencies are available to help with the needs of the disabled, and some governments provide living allowances to help defray the overwhelming costs. Governments have been doing this for many years in order that the people with disabilities may have a high quality of life, and to ensure their good health and wellbeing.

In certain countries of the world, those with disabilities are given a Disability Living Allowance by the government. Children under the age of 16 years can apply for the living allowance, but if a person is over the age of 16, they will apply for the Personal Independent Payment which will replace the Disability Living Allowance for older demographic groups. This can only be done if the person has not reached the age for receiving a State Pension. People who are old enough to receive the state pension can apply for the Attendance Allowance if they are not getting the Disability Living Allowance.

The Disability Living Allowance is generally used for children to help with the extra costs of their care. Disabled children under the age of 16 usually have many different aspects of their disabling disorder to contend with. Normally they will need basic help to maintain their personal hygiene, or they will need help with feeding themselves. Most parents with a disabled child find it difficult to manage their care, work, or tend to other children alone. The living allowance will help them live a full, normal life. This allowance also helps with the care that a disabled child will need if they attend school.

This living allowance is not given automatically. It must be applied for and approved. It is very important to have all necessary to have all essential documents when applying, otherwise, the approval may be delayed. The Service Center, and Disability Living Allowance helpline phone, are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-7:30 pm to assist with the application process. They can be reached by phone at: 0800 121 4600 in the United Kingdom. Reach them by text phone at: 0800 121-4523, and for the hearing or speech impaired: 18001 then 0800 121-4600. This information is for people who were born after April 8, 1948. For those born before that date, the contact information is as follows: By phone: 0800 731 0122, by text phone: 0800 731 0317, speech and hearing impaired 18001 then 0800 731 0122. They are open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm. There is also contact availability for people who are in need of sign language service that is done by video relay service that is available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm. The center can be called if alternative formats are needed like Braille, audio CD, or large print.