Child Maintenance Service Contact

The aftermath of a divorce or split-up is very difficult, especially if there are children involved. Choosing the responsibilities of each parent that leaves both parties satisfied is sometimes impossible when it’s just the parents making the decision. In this case it may be wise to look into Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency (CSA). There is an application fee and you may not qualify, but it’s worth it to make sure the child is taken care of in a fair and healthy way. The Child Maintenance Services can review child support payments, decide whether any payments should be made between parents, locate the address of each parent that the child stays with, mediate disagreements between parents as well as take action of payments are not made. You can manage your case or apply for a new one online.

In order to meet eligibility requirements your child must either be under 16 or under 20 and in full-time. If your child is under 20 and living with a parent who has registered for Child Benefit for them, then your child is also eligible. If you live or don’t live with the child, are the grandparent or legal guardian of the child, or a child yourself over the age of 12 living in Scotland. You are ineligible if you wish to receive payments and you and your child live outside the UK. If the parent that would pay child support lives outside the UK, there may be options available to you.

In order to apply, contact Child Maintenance Options to arrange any options available to you. When applying for Child Maintenance service keep in mind you will need personal and bank details as well as a £20 application fee. This fee is waived if you are a victim of domestic violence, under 19 years of age or you live in Northern Ireland. Depending on how quickly both parents can be contacted, the arrangements are set up within a month and payment is usually made within six weeks of making payment arrangements. If the details of one of the parents cannot be found by the service, a case cannot be opened, so try to have as much information available as possible.

Child Maintenance Services specialize in solving disagreements. If one parent refuses to acknowledge responsibility of the child, this can lead to DNA tests or court-ordered mandates. If one parent was married to the child’s mother at any time between conception and birth of the child, is named on the birth certificate of the child, is named in a court order as the parent when the child was born to a surrogate mother then they are assumed to be legal parent of the child. Adoption cases may affect these rules.

Once you have gathered all information to open a case, it’s recommended to do so quickly so that all child support and care issues are resolved in a timely way. The longer you wait to resolve these issues, the more stress is put on you and your family. Decide if Child Maintenance Service is right for you and contact them when the time is right.